Sweet and delicious doughnuts
Servings 1 persons, Preparation time 45 minutes
- 125 ml full-fat milk
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 75 g soft butter
- 8 egg yolks
- 25 g white almonds
- 100 g rose jam
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 litres vegetable oil for frying
- 'Pour lukewarm milk in a bowl, add yeast, a spoon of sugar and mix to dissolve the yeast. 'Add ¼ of the flour, mix until smooth, sprinkle with flour, cover with a dishcloth and leave to prove in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- To prepare filling: mix the rose jam and almonds. Put the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl above a pan of hot water and mix slowly until the sugar has melted (it should remain lukewarm, not hot).
- Pour the yolk mixture into the food processor bowl with the steel blade, add the yeast mixture, salt and rest of flour. Mix until smooth and shiny. Add the butter and mix until completely incorporated.
- Cover with a cloth and leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in volume (takes 2 hours). Pound the dough with your fists to get the air out.
- To form the doughnuts: roll the dough out to 1 cm thick, use a cookie cutter to cut out two circles of about 6 cm diameter for each doughnut. Add a spoonful of the filling in the centre. Stick the circles together well and place on a tray. Dust with flour. Cover and let it double in volume in a warm place.
- In the meantime, pour the oil into a fryer and heat. Check with a bit of dough whether the oil is ready and fry the doughnuts. After frying, pat dry on paper towel. To decorate: sprinkle with icing sugar or cover with icing. When iced, decorate with raisins and roasted almond flakes (optional).
- 45 minutes preparation time + 2 hours and 45 minutes proving