Perfect porridge with banana & maple sirup
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 5 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 50 grams of flaked almonds
- 200 grams of rolled porridge oats
- 750 milliliters of milk
- sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- maple syrup, to serve
- Make sure the stirrer attachment is in place in the pan, then set the temperature to 130°C. Once the pan has heated up, add the almonds and set the timer for 8 minutes, to cook until lightly golden. Once done, tip into a bowl and put aside.
- Put the oats and milk (you can use water instead if you like, or a mixture of the two) in the pan with a small pinch of salt. Set the temperature to 110°C and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and mash one banana, then peel and finely slice the other. A couple of minutes before the time’s up, add the mashed banana to the pan. Check the consistency of the porridge – if you prefer it a little runnier, add a splash more milk or water.
- Divide the porridge between four bowls, top with the sliced banana and a scattering of toasted almonds, then drizzle with maple syrup and serve. Save any leftover toasted almonds in a jar for another day.
- Chef’s tip: You can use this porridge recipe as a base and tweak it to embrace all your favourite flavours. Anything from fresh seasonal berries to a dollop of chunky marmalade, or a pinch of cinnamon to a scattering of poppy seeds, will work a treat.