Scale build-up in your kettle could cause it to have some small spots inside.
To solve this, please descale it.
You can use any type of descaling agent (liquid, powder or tablet) to descale your Philips kettle. If you use a descaling agent, follow the instructions on the bottle or package to descale your kettle.
If you prefer to descale it using vinegar, please follow these steps:
- Fill the kettle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
- After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
- Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
- Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
- Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
- Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
- Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
Tip: If you dislike the smell of vinegar, you can use citric acid.
If the above solution(s) did not help to solve your problem, please contact us.
Note: Regular descaling prolongs the life of your Philips kettle. In case of normal use (up to 5 times a day), the following descaling frequency is recommended:
- Once every 3 months if you use soft water (up to18 dH).
- Once every month if you use hard water (more than 18 dH).