Your Philips/Saeco espresso machine is working vigorously on the inside to brew you a nice cup of coffee. Sometimes this is accompanied by scratching sounds, which is normal and does not affect the quality of your coffee.
Cleaning and maintenance:
- Remove and rinse the brew group under the tap weekly.
- Lubricate the brew group with Philips/Saeco grease. The frequency depends on the number of cups brewed per day.
- If you brew 1-5 cups per day, lubricate every 4 months
- If you brew 6-10 cups per day, lubricate every 2 months
- If you brew more than 10 cups per day, lubricate every month